Request for Proposal
Advertising, Media Buying & Brand Discovery
Carondelet Health Network is southern Arizona’s leading provider of healthcare services, serving a four-county region of 1.5 million people. Carondelet is the area’s largest Catholic nonprofit healthcare system and is part of Ascension Health.
Carondelet’s Mission is to provide for the healthcare needs of our community; to embrace the whole person, in mind, body and spirit; and, to serve all people with dignity,
The Network includes 90 employed practicing physicians at over 20 locations, is privileged to have over 1,000 physicians serve on the medical staffs of four area hospitals, Carondelet Heart &Vascular Institute and the nationally recognized Carondelet Neurological Institute.
During fiscal year 2010, Carondelet Health Network provided $49,906,676, or 8.3 percent of net revenue, in community benefit to the residents of Southern Arizona.
HOSPITALS AND FACILITIES:
Carondelet Heart & Vascular Institute
St. Joseph’s Hospital
St. Mary’s Hospital
Holy Cross Hospital
PRIMARY CARE & CLINICS:
Carondelet Medical Mall at Rita Ranch
Carondelet Medical Group (16 locations)
Foothills Surgery Center
Primeros Pasos Prenatal Clinic
Walk-In Clinics (two locations)
Green Valley, Arizona
Carondelet Medical Mall at Green Valley
Carondelet Imaging Center at Green Valley
Carondelet Imaging Centers (three locations)
Carondelet Health Network Foundation
Carondelet Hospice and Palliative Care
Carondelet Neurological Institute
Carondelet Specialist Group (three locations)
Key Objective/Scope of Work
We seek an agency with the ability to help create a reference brand strategy for the Network and market individual products and service lines within the overall brand identity. The agency should have proven ability in developing brand identity and a record of successfully advancing compelling brand stories. Results from the partnership should contribute to measurably building our customer base, growing our revenue stream, and increasing awareness of our healthcare services and expertise in the Southern Arizona community. In the ever-changing landscape of health reform and Federal/State funding cut-backs, we are looking for an agency that is strategic, attentive and sensitive to the fluctuating needs of a nonprofit healthcare organization.
The Carondelet Health Network brand has a long-standing reputation in Southern Arizona with 4hospitals, a growing number primary care medical offices and a wide range of specialists. Carondelet St. Mary’s Hospital was the first hospital in Arizona opened by Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1880.
With an expected budget between $1.5 -$2 million over the next 18 months, Carondelet Health Network is looking for a high level strategy and integrated approach to meeting our key objectives.
To include but not limited to: development of brand voice, market segments development, research, brand positioning.
To include but not limited to: traditional mass advertising (print, TV, OOH, etc), online advertising (brand awareness). Competency in social media is required.
To include but not limited to: traditional mass advertising (print, TV, OOH, direct mail, etc), online advertising (brand awareness).
Throughout the proposal, Carondelet Health Network would like to see how the agency will support ongoing strategic planning and creative consultation as it relates to strategic marketing plan development, brand development, market segmentation and research, campaign creation, media negotiations, and metrics/monitoring. Proposals should demonstrate integrated marketing approach to marrying innovative ideas through online and offline media channels.
All proposals must contain the following sections:
- Agency Information about the office that will handle this account:
List the partners/owners of the agency; include brief biographies, and their roles in the agency.
- Agency Size (employees, clients, billings, etc).
- Do you represent other healthcare providers? If yes, please identify, and indicate if any present a potential conflict of interest.
- Briefly outline your approach for the first 90 days in a new/renewed agency of record relationship.
- What non-hospital/non-healthcare clients are you most known for representing and the number of years you have been with your firm?
- List your top three agency accomplishments within the last 3 years.
- Provide a copy of your standard contract as well as a breakdown of the fees charged by your agency.
- Describe your billing process.
- Please provide three examples of the agency’s most creative work, and most cost-effective work
- Please identify the account executive(s) or other key personnel whom would be assigned to this account, and provide their resumes.
- Provide information on your creative team that would be assigned to this account.
- What is your interest in serving our Ministry? How does this engagement fit in with your organization’s current client mix and organizational plan?
- If your agency were the successful bidder, what methods would you employ to understand our marketplace, stakeholders and creative needs?
Please submit electronic proposals by March 21, 2011. We will narrow to three to five firms that will be invited to present before a selection committee.
Anticipated date of award: April 1, 2011
Name & Title: Melissa Shafer, Marketing & Advertising Coordinator
Mailing Address: 2202 N. Forbes Blvd., Tucson, AZ 85704
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org