Carondelet Heart & Vascular Institute (CHVI) offers state-of-the-art care for emergency and existing heart and vascular conditions. Carondelet’s experienced heart and vascular specialists offer the highest quality care for patients in a modern healing environment.
While the Institute is based on the campus of Carondelet St. Mary’s Hospital, Carondelet heart and vascular specialists also provide inpatient and outpatient services at St. Joseph’s Hospital on Tucson’s east side.
Carondelet Heart & Vascular Institute at St. Mary’s Hospital is located just one mile west of Interstate 10, accessible from Interstates 10 and 19 and by helicopter.
Both St. Mary’s and St. Joseph’s are tertiary medical centers – each with a full complement of medical specialties.
Carondelet Heart & Vascular Institute Physicians provide a full range of cardiac and vascular care including comprehensive diagnostic and interventional cardiac services, the most advanced minimally invasive cardiothoracic surgical services, vascular surgery and electrophysiology.
- Dedicated Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit
- 21-bed, all-private Progressive Care Unit
- 34-bed Telemetry Unit
- 24/7 Emergency Department with two helipads
- A one-of-a-kind Ambient Hybrid Operating Suite
- State-of-the-art Cardiac Catheterization Labs
- Electrophysiology Suite with cardiac arrhythmia ablation capability
- Endovascular Surgical Suite for complex aneurysm repair
- Offices of many doctors in the Carondelet Heart & Vascular Institute Physicians specialty group