CARONDELET NEUROLOGICAL INSTITUTE STROKE CENTER
The Carondelet Neurological Institute at St. Joseph’s Hospital provides comprehensive, acute stroke diagnosis and treatment 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We are certified by The Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center.
Strokes most often strike without warning. Patients who receive a proper diagnosis and treatment within hours of the appearance of stroke symptoms have the best chance for survival and recovery.
Signs and Symptoms (FAST):
- Facial drooping
- Asection of the face, usually only on one side, is drooping and difficult to move
- Arm weakness
- Inability to raise one's arm fully
- Speech difficulties
- Inability or difficulty to understand or produce speech
- Is of the essence when having a stroke.
- Call 9-1-1
- Call 9-1-1 immediately after recognizing these symptoms.
- High Blood Pressure | Hypertension
- Heart Disease
- Smoking | Tobacco Use
- High Cholesterol
- Excessive Alcohol
or Illicit Drug Use
What makes the difference in stroke care?
At the CNI, we strive for excellence in stroke care. There are several factors that distinguish our care as exceptional:
- 24/7, 365 Expert Care that exceeds national standards
When someone is having a stroke, time is brain. The CNI has achieved the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With the Guidelines: Stroke Gold Plus and new Target: Stroke Elite-Plus Honor Roll awards for reducing door-to-treatment times. We are proud to have the lowest average treatment times in the region.
- The latest in technology and treatment options
- Including a neurointerventional surgery suite to treat vascular issues in the brain; a fellowship-trained stroke neurologist; a fellowship-trained vascular neurosurgeon; and stroke protocols based on the latest research.
- Dedicated Brain Attack Response Team
- Includes a group of specially trained doctors and nurses who can respond within minutes to a stroke and assesses each individual based on national standards of care.
- Specialized Inpatient Center and Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
- For all levels of neurological care. Inpatient and outpatient stroke therapy options are also available – all on one campus.
- Family Center
- For families and caregivers to rest, shower and eat meals. These amenities enable family members to stay near their loved ones and remain involved in their care.
For more information or for your physician to make a referral, please call (520) 873-3333.