Carondelet Heart & Vascular Institute (CHVI) is now located on the campus of Carondelet St. Mary’s Hospital at 1601 West St. Mary’s Road (SW corner of Silverbell and St. Mary’s Roads, one mile west of Interstate 10). This move took place November 7, 2012.Carondelet Health Network is investing $17 million in the relocation and construction of the new CHVI on the campus of St. Mary’s Hospital. This work will create a new, state-of-the-art cardiovascular facility with many advantages for patients, including easy access from both Interstates 10 and 19 and via helicopter in emergencies.
CHVI’s new home also allows more space for its cardiovascular and cardiothoracic surgery programs to grow, while continuing to provide state-of-the-art minimally invasive heart surgery in southern Arizona.
Although physical renovations and finishing touches are continuing to be added through May 2013, surgeons and care teams are now offering a complete range of cardiac and vascular care, including open heart surgery, cardiothoracic minimally invasive surgical services and electrophysiology.
The following renovations at St. Mary’s are ready to serve CHVI patients:
- A dedicated cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit
- Improvements to the third floor to create a unique healing environment with all-private rooms for heart and vascular patients
- Cardiac/vascular surgery facilities
Additional construction taking place through Spring 2013 will include the following specialized facilities for CHVI patient care:
- A hybrid operating room enabling surgeons and cardiologists to perform the most advanced minimally invasive cardiovascular procedures
- Specialized operating suites
- Cardiac noninvasive testing area
- Cardiac catheterization lab for electrophysiology procedures
- Additional improvements to the third floor inpatient wing
- CHVI-dedicated waiting room and lobby for patients’ families
Excellence in heart and stroke care is a longstanding tradition at both CHVI and St. Mary’s. St. Mary’s Hospital was recently named among only five hospitals in our state as a Top Performer for Key Quality Measures by The Joint Commission. It has also been rated among the top five percent of hospitals nationwide for clinical excellence by HealthGrades® the past two years. In addition, St. Mary’s is a Primary Stroke Center and an Accredited Chest Pain Center. CHVI has been named a Thomson Reuters Top 100 Hospital® for Cardiovascular Care.
Coming soon to Carondelet St. Joseph’s Hospital:
a new cardiac catheterization lab!