Established in 1961 by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet on Tucson's
east side, Carondelet St. Joseph’s Hospital provides the community with a
wide range of comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services.
The 471-bed facility is one of only three accredited Chest Pain Centers in Southern Arizona and one of only two Tucson hospitals certified as a Primary Stroke Center. St. Joseph’s is home to the Carondelet Neurological Institute, as well as comprehensive Women’s Care program and nationally-certified Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation Programs.
- Designated by the Arizona Department of Health Services, Bureau of EMS and Trauma System, as Cardiac Arrest Center
- 24/7 Emergency Department and Emergency Neurological Care
- 44-bed Intensive Care Unit
- North America’s first BrainSUITE iCT neurological surgical suites
- Women's Care Center with all private rooms and a 30-room Level II EQ Nursery
- Dedicated 12-bed Neuro Critical Care Unit and Step Down Unit with 36 Neuro medical/surgical private rooms
- Center of Excellence designation for neurological care by NeuStrategy
- Nationally-certified cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation programs
- ADA-certified Diabetes Care Center
- Regional Eye Center
- da Vinci robotic technology for urological and gynecological surgery
Carondelet Neurological Institute, on the campus of St. Joseph’s Hospital, is the largest and most comprehensive facility in Southern Arizona dedicated to the diagnosis and treatment of neurological injuries, illnesses and disorders. Thanks to an incredible team of expert neurologists, neurosurgeons and specially-trained staff and a commitment to providing a continuum of care in one location, The Institute was certified as a Primary Stroke Center by the Joint Commission in 2009.
Other services provided at the hospital include imaging, diabetes care, emergency services, heart and vascular, orthopedic and rehabilitation, surgical services, and behavioral health.