Life-threatening emergency? Call 911.
You should call 911 or have someone take you straight to the emergency room if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Chest pain
- Trouble breathing
- Bad stomach pain
- Uncontrollable bleeding
- Blurred vision
- Severe headache
- Stiffness in your neck
- A potentially poisonous bite/sting
- If you are pregnant
- If you feel that you might hurt yourself or someone else
If you are helping a child, please call 911 if the child has any of the symptoms listed above or any of the following symptoms:
- High or ongoing fever
- Very drowsy or unable to be awakened
- Not acting like himself/herself
Under the care of a doctor for a serious condition
You feel they should see a doctor right away
All patients will receive a medical screening exam at the ER regardless of ability to pay.
Welcome to St. Joseph’s Hospital
Established in 1961, St. Joseph’s Hospital is a premiere medical campus serving Tucson and the Southwest.
St. Joseph’s is home to the Carondelet Neurological Institute, site of North America’s first BrainSUITE iCT neurological surgical suites, and the new Carondelet Joint Replacement Center. In addition, it offers one of the region’s most comfortable labor and delivery units.
St. Joseph’s has built a reputation for the high quality care and customer service in programs such as cardiology, orthopedics, oncology, wound care, stroke, diabetes, emergency medicine, rehabilitation and others.
Receive exceptional care—without exception—at St. Joseph’s Hospital!
Download a print-friendly map of St. Joseph's Hospital campus.
- St. Joseph’s a Joint-Commission certified Primary Stroke Center, an accredited Chest Pain Center and a designated Cardiac Arrest Center.
- Since 2011, St. Joseph’s Hospital has received the American Heart/American Stroke Association Get with the Guidelines Stroke Gold-Plus Quality Achievement Award, and was named a Target: Stroke Honor Roll designee in 2013 and 2012.