Life-threatening emergency? Call 911.
You should call 911 or have someone take you straight to the emergency room if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Chest pain
- Trouble breathing
- Bad stomach pain
- Uncontrollable bleeding
- Blurred vision
- Severe headache
- Stiffness in your neck
- A potentially poisonous bite/sting
- If you are pregnant
- If you feel that you might hurt yourself or someone else
If you are helping a child, please call 911 if the child has any of the symptoms listed above or any of the following symptoms:
- High or ongoing fever
- Very drowsy or unable to be awakened
- Not acting like himself/herself
Under the care of a doctor for a serious condition
You feel they should see a doctor right away
All patients will receive a medical screening exam at the ER regardless of ability to pay.
Welcome to St. Mary’s Hospital
Carondelet St. Mary’s Hospital is Southern Arizona’s longest continuously operating hospital (founded in 1880) and one of Tucson’s and the region’s top medical centers.
St. Mary’s has been awarded numerous national honors for patient care. Other significant awards include:
- Midas+ Platinum Quality Award (2011, 2012)
- American Heart Association’s Gold-Plus Quality Achievement Award for Stroke (2012, 2013)
Home of the Carondelet Heart & Vascular Institute and The Breast Center, St. Mary’s Hospital offers every patient individualized care, personal attention by compassionate caregivers, and the finest team of physicians and surgeons available in the region.
St. Mary’s is recognized as a destination hospital for the most modern and minimally-invasive heart and vascular surgery, advanced stroke care, unique and personalized cancer treatment, and emergency care. The hospital also provides advanced care in cardiology, orthopedics, diabetes, stroke, wound care, emergency medicine and physical rehabilitation.
St. Mary’s is a vital medical center with a legacy to honor and a future to embrace.
- As the home of the Carondelet Heart & Vascular Institute, St. Mary’s has become a regional destination for patients seeking the most advanced and minimally invasive options for heart and vascular surgery.