Meet Our Team
We're Here for you!
Check out our Find-a-Doc listing to search for a physician that will meet your needs.
Many doctors in this field practice both Obstetrics and Gynecology and are referred to as OB/GYN doctors. Some doctors specialize in Gynecology only or Gynecologic Oncology. See below for more information.
Obstetrics (Obstetrician): A doctor who specializes in the surgical care of women and their children during pregnancy, childbirth and post-natal care. An Obstetrician provides the following services (including but not limited to):
- Pregnancy, post-natal/post-partum care
- Performs regular ultrasounds throughout pregnancy
- Vaginal and Cesarean deliveries
- Perinatologists are highly specialized obstetricians concerned with the care of the fetus and complicated, high-risk pregnancies. Perinatology is also known as maternal-fetal medicine.
Gynecology (Gynecologist): A doctor who specializes in the medical care of women and their reproductive system (vagina, ovaries and uterus). A Gynecologist provides the following services (including but not limited to):
- Pap smears
- Diagnosis and treatment of uterine or vaginal infections
- Diagnosis and treatment of fertility problems
- Performs surgical procedures such as tubal ligations and hysterectomies
Gynecologic Oncology (Gynoncologist): A Gynecologic Oncologist or Gynoncologist is an OB/GYN doctor who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of women with cancer of the reproductive organs.
- This is a highly specialized field that focuses on treatment of cancer of the ovary, endometrium, uterus, cervix, vagina, vulva and trophoblastic disease.