Referring Physician Portal
Welcome to the Joint Replacement Center at Carondelet St. Joseph’s Hospital. This area of our website provides useful information for physicians and medical office personnel who are referring patients, seeking information about prior authorization assistance, or exploring areas of interest. The Joint Replacement Center is always available to help answer your questions about our services, patient cases or the latest innovations and research to help expedite an accurate diagnosis for your patients.
To make referrals to the Joint Replacement Center, please call our scheduling department at 520-873-MOVE (6683) between the hours of 9:00 AM and 6:00 PM Monday through Friday.
Carondelet Health Network offers a Physician Liaison team of dedicated physician outreach representatives who act as a link between your practice and all Carondelet facilities. Physician Liaisons visit medical offices throughout Tucson and Southern Arizona to answer questions, improve services, and provide the latest information on our services. Our goal is to effectively serve you, your staff and your patients with timely and valuable clinical and operational information. Please contact us if you have immediate needs for the following:
• Introduce referring physicians to the Joint Replacement Center
• Provide new technology and service updates to referring physicians
• Orient new referring physicians and staff and services of the Joint Replacement Center
• Facilitate Joint Replacement Center physician speaking engagements at your office
• Respond to requests for consults
• Share biographical information on Joint Replacement Center physicians
• Provide educational materials for your patients
The Joint Replacement Center offers a Patient Navigator to assist you in finding your way through the healthcare system. The Patient Navigator’s primary function is to guide you through the complexities of the healthcare system by assisting with access issues, developing relationships with service providers, and tracking interventions and outcomes.
Specifically, the Patient Navigator:
• Connects you with resources and support systems
• Facilitates interaction and communication with healthcare staff and providers
• Streamline appointments and paperwork
• Assist you in scheduling an appointment with a financial counselor
• Helps you arrive at scheduled appointments on time and prepared
• Helps decrease your fear and anxiety
• Helps you identify and utilize appropriate social services