Delivering the Future
From labor and delivery, to our state-of-the-art private room Level 2 EQ (Enhanced Qualification) Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) at Carondelet St. Joseph's Hospital, our facility was designed to address every phase of childbirth. Beyond the medical capabilities, we strive to make the experience as easy as possible for you.
Delivering the Future... one baby at a time.
Having a baby is truly a miracle. We will help you bring your precious little one into the world under the best of circumstances.
For example, our mother-baby “Couplet Care” approach ensures that each healthy mother-baby pair is cared for by the same team of staff throughout their stay, so there’s always someone familiar close at hand.
Every step of the way, you’ll be supported by one of the region’s most complete and best-appointed maternity facilities, which offers:
- 21 new & private birthing suites for mothers-to-be, featuring:
- 24-hour consultation with University Physicians Perinatologists in a Perinatal Assessment Suite
- 24-hour, in-house anesthesiology
- Jacuzzi tubs available for relaxation during early labor
- One-to-one nursing care during active labor, with a nurse devoted to each patient
- 8-bed obstetrical triage
- A new 30-bed private room Certified Level 2 EQ Neonatal Intensive Care Unit featuring:
- 24-hour in-house neonatology
- Robust developmental care program for premature infants
- Labor & Delivery, mother-baby Couplet Care, and Neonatal staff specially trained in neonatal resuscitation and post-resuscitation care (NRP and STABLE programs)
- 34 new & private mother/baby Couplet Care rooms
- Lactation Consultants on staff
- Outpatient Lactation services: for breast pump rental or question call 520-873-1609
- Strong family-centered care philosophy
- More than 150 childbirth education classes offered every year
- Postpartum depression support groups available weekly.
Sunday, January 1, 2012 at 12:01 a.m.
First Baby of 2012 was born at St. Joseph's Hospital