Caramel Toffee Fruit Kebabs
This hit party treat is a fun and healthy way to encourage kids and their friends to eat more fruit, making it a perfect alternative for brownies, cookies, ice cream or candy.
- 1 cup fat-free, plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon stevia sweetener or
- 1 stevia sweetener packet
- 5 drops English toffee-flavored liquid stevia sweetener
- 5 squeezes caramel-flavored liquid stevia sweetener
- 1 small apple, such as Granny Smith, Honeycrisp, Gala, or Fuji, cored and cut into 16 (3/4-inch) pieces
- 1 small pear, such as Red Anjou, Bartlett, or Bosc, cored and cut into 16 (3/4-inch) pieces
- 16 red or green grapes
- 1 small orange, peeled, separated into segments, and cut into 16 pieces
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds (dry-roasted, coarsely chopped)
- In a small bowl, stir together the yogurt, stevia sweetener, and both flavors of the liquid stevia sweetener.
- Using eight 6-inch wooden skewers, thread each with a 2 pieces of apple, 2 pieces of pear, 2 grapes, and 2 orange segments in whatever order you wish.
- With a pastry brush or spoon, coat each kebab with 2 tablespoons of the yogurt mixture. Sprinkle or roll each with 1 tablespoon nuts.
Recipe and photo courtesy of the American Heart Association.