Bridges Geropsychiatric Program
Compassionate Mental Health Care
Caring for an elderly relative or loved one with a mental illness can be challenging. When coupled with a physical condition, it may become overwhelming. That’s where we come in.
The Bridges Geropsychiatric Program at St. Mary’s Hospital is an inpatient psychiatric unit specializing in the care of adults age 55 and older who are experiencing a mental health crisis related to:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Bipolar disorder
- Substance abuse/misuse or chemical dependency
What to Expect
At Bridges, you can rest assured knowing that your loved one will be treated with dignity and respect. Here’s what you can expect when you bring your loved one to our hospital:
- A thorough psychiatric and medical evaluation
- Customized treatment plans designed by a team of doctors, nurse practitioners, nurses, behavioral health technicians, occupational therapists, art therapists and social workers
- Individual and group psychotherapy
- Individual and group occupational therapy
- Expressive arts therapy
- Detox and stabilization services
- 24/7 clinical team overseeing your loved one’s care
Please be aware that admission to Bridges is voluntary. Patients may refer themselves, or be referred by a doctor, family member, guardian or mental health power of attorney.
Request an Appointment
For more information or to request an appointment, please call (520) 872-2058.