Emergency Room (ER) Care
ER Near You
Nobody wants to end up in an emergency room. But if and when you do, it helps knowing you have access to high-quality emergency care close to home. If your condition is not life-threatening, you can even check in online. At Carondelet Health Network, we’re proud to offer high-quality emergency care that’s not only comprehensive, but also convenient.
What to Expect
Our emergency departments treat everything from broken bones to life-threatening injuries — with care delivered by highly trained doctors and triage nurses who treat more than 110,000 visits a year. At Carondelet, you can expect:
- Emergency services available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, across Tucson.
- Personalized care by doctors and nurses with advanced training in emergency medicine.
- Well-equipped ER departments prepared for injuries, heart care, stroke care and other life-threatening situations.
- Carondelet St. Mary’s and Carondelet St. Joseph’s hospitals are certified Primary Stroke Centers that are routinely recognized by the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association for excellence in stroke care.
- Access to specialized treatment for your heart or neurological condition.
- St. Mary’s Hospital is home to the Carondelet Heart & Vascular Institute, and St. Joseph’s Hospital is where you’ll find the Carondelet Neurological Institute. Both facilities have dedicated intensive care units and specialists across Tucson and Santa Cruz County.
When to Call 911
In certain situations, minutes can mean the difference between life and death. You should call 911 or have someone take you straight to the emergency room if you experience any of the following symptoms or medical situations:
- Chest pain
- Trouble breathing
- Severe stomach pain
- Uncontrollable bleeding
- Blurred vision
- Sudden and intense headache
- Stiffness in your neck
- A potentially poisonous bite/sting
- You might hurt yourself or someone else
If you’re helping a child, please call 911 if you feel he or she should see a doctor right away or the child has any of the symptoms listed above or any of the following symptoms:
- High or ongoing fever
- Extreme drowsiness or inability to wake up
- Not acting like himself/herself
- Under the care of a doctor for a serious condition
At Carondelet, everyone who walks through our doors will receive a medical screening exam at the ER regardless of their ability to pay. No one will be turned away.
Wait to Be Seen from the Comfort of Home
Check in online now