Heart & Vascular Awards and Recognition
Cardiac Care You Can Count On
You can trust Carondelet with your heart and vascular care. Why? Because excellence in heart and stroke care is a long-standing tradition at St. Mary’s and St. Joseph's hospitals — and we’ve been recognized for our dedication to your care. In fact, St. Mary’s was recently named among only five hospitals in our state as a Top Performer for Key Quality Measures in heart and vascular care by The Joint Commission.
Both St. Mary’s and St. Joseph's are certified by The Joint Commission as Primary Stroke Centers and Accredited Chest Pain Centers. And both are designated as cardiac arrest centers by the Arizona Department of Health Services.
A Top Hospital for Advanced Heart Care
For many years, Carondelet facilities have participated in the American Heart Association’s (AHA) Get With The Guidelines programs for recognizing outstanding performance against established standards for patient care in the areas of stroke and heart disease. St. Mary’s Hospital’s recent AHA accolades include:
- 2016 Heart Failure Honor Roll - Gold Quality Achievement Award
- 2015 StrokeHonor Roll – Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award
- 2015 Heart Failure Gold Quality Achievement Award
- 2015 Stroke Honor Roll – Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award
- 2014 Heart Failure Silver Quality Achievement Award
- 2014 Stroke Honor Roll – Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award
- 2012: Stroke Honor Roll – Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award
- 2012: Heart Failure Honor Roll - Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award
The Carondelet Heart & Vascular Institute was moved from the Heart Hospital in 2013. Carondelet invested $17 million into new construction, renovations and technology to forward the Institute’s vision to be “nationally recognized as a premier destination for modern cardiovascular care through clinical excellence, research and physician education.”
The Carondelet Heart & Vascular Institute opened at St. Mary’s in January 2014. Prior to being relocated to the St. Mary’s campus, the Institute was named a Thomson Reuters Top 100 Hospital for Cardiovascular Care.
Learn More About Us
To find a heart specialist who’s right for you, use our online doctor search. For more information or to request an appointment with one of our heart specialists, call (520) 696-CHVI (2484). or St. Joseph’s Hospital at (520) 873-3000.