Awards & Distinctions for Carondelet
Celebrating Excellence in Health Care
At Carondelet, we strive for excellence in health care. Our doctors, nurses and specialty programs and services have won numerous awards and distinctions for excellence and innovation. And while we don’t like to toot our own horn, we believe these honors speak volumes to the level of advanced care you can expect to receive when you walk through our doors. We celebrate just a few of these achievements below.
Excellence in Maternity Care
St. Joseph's and Holy Cross Hospitals have been recognized for quality maternity care by Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Distinction Centers for their proven expertise, high quality care and patient results as designated Maternity Centers in Southern Arizona.
Excellence in Breast Care
Carondelet’s awards and distinctions in breast care include:
- The Breast Center at Carondelet St. Mary's has received accreditation from the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC) representing the gold standard in quality for breast centers across the country - the highest recognition a breast center can receive. It is awarded by The American College of Surgeons to breast centers that voluntarily commit to providing the best possible care to patients.
- The Breast Center at Carondelet St. Mary’s is a Certified NQMBC Program Participant of The National Quality Measures for Breast Centers Program. This program is a national interactive quality initiative that allows breast centers to enter quality data, filter for comparisons and receive comparison reports on quality measures from other breast centers.
- Breast Imaging Center of Excellence (BICOE) designation is awarded to breast imaging centers that achieve excellence by earning accreditation in all of the American College of Radiology’s voluntary breast-imaging accreditation programs and modules — mammography, breast ultrasound, stereotactic breast biopsy and breast magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
When you see the gold seals of accreditation displayed prominently in our imaging facility, you can be sure that you are in a place that meets high standards for quality and patient safety.
Excellence in Heart and Stroke Care
Excellence in heart and stroke care is a longstanding tradition at both St. Mary’s Hospital and St. Joseph's Hospital.
- Both St. Mary’s and St. Joseph's are certified by The Joint Commission as Primary Stroke Centers.
- For many years, Carondelet Health Network facilities have participated in the American Heart Association’s (AHA) Get With The Guidelines programs for recognizing outstanding performance against established standards for patient care in the areas of stroke and heart disease. In 2016, St. Mary’s Hospital was recognized for Gold Quality Achievement in Heart Failure and both St. Mary’s and St. Joseph’s Hospitals were recognized for Gold Plus Quality Achievement. These awards are just one of the many achievements recognized by the American Heart and American Stroke Association dating back to 2012.
- 2016 Heart Failure Gold Quality Achievement Award
- 2016 Stroke Honor Roll Gold Plus Achievement Award
- The Carondelet Heart & Vascular Institute was moved from the Heart Hospital in 2013. Carondelet invested $17 million into new construction, renovations and technology to forward the Institute’s vision to be “nationally recognized as a premier destination for modern cardiovascular care through clinical excellence, research and physician education.”
Additional Awards and Accolades
- Joint Commission-certified as Advanced Primary Stroke Center
- Patient satisfaction scores continually meet and exceed threshold in the areas of communication, responsiveness, hospital environment and pain management
Find Award-Winning Care
To find a Carondelet primary care or specialist who’s right for you, use our online doctor search. You can read the doctors’ bios and learn more about their philosophy of care.