Awards & Distinctions
Celebrating Excellence in Health CareAt Carondelet, we strive for excellence in health care. Our doctors, nurses and specialty programs and services have won numerous awards and distinctions for excellence and innovation. And while we don’t like to toot our own horn, we believe these honors speak volumes to the level of advanced care you can expect to receive when you walk through our doors. We celebrate just a few of these achievements below.
Excellence in Heart and Stroke Care
Excellence in heart and stroke care is a longstanding tradition at both St. Mary’s Hospital and St. Joseph's Hospital.
St. Joseph's Hospital
- American Heart Association/American Stroke Association Get With the Guidelines — 2022 Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award with Target Stroke Honor Roll Elite and Target Type 2 Diabetes Honor Roll and Comprehensive Stroke Center Certified by DNV Healthcare
- Designated Cardiac Arrest Receiving Center by the Arizona Department of Health Services
- Accredited Chest Pain Center by American College of Cardiology
- American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation Certification for cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation programs
St. Mary's Hospital
- American Heart Association/American Stroke Association Get With the Guidelines — 2022 Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award with Target Stroke Honor Roll Elite and Target Type 2 Diabetes Honor Roll
- Primary Plus Stroke Center Certified by DNV Healthcare
- Accredited Chest Pain Center by American College of Cardiologists Level 5 (2014, 2017). Cycle VI in process, completion date target 6/21
- Designated Cardiac Receiving Center by the Arizona Dept. of Health Services
Excellence in Maternity CareSt. Joseph's and Holy Cross Hospitals have been recognized for quality maternity care by Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Distinction Centers for their proven expertise, high quality care and patient results as designated Maternity Centers in Southern Arizona.
Excellence in Patient Safety
Carondelet St. Mary’s Hospital and Carondelet St. Joseph’s Hospital received an “A” rating in The Leapfrog Group’s Hospital Safety Grades (2021, 2018). The Leapfrog Safety Grade is the only rating focused entirely on how well hospitals protect patients from preventable errors, accidents, injuries, and infections. Across all states, only 33 percent of hospitals reporting data received an A grade.
Excellence in Rehabilitation
Whether you come to us for out-patient care, you can rest assured knowing that your team of experienced professionals are dedicated to high-quality care. At Carondelet St. Joseph’s Hospital, our rehabilitation program has been recognized by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR) for both their cardio and pulmonary rehabilitation programs.
Excellence in Surgical Weight Loss
The Surgical Weight Loss Center at St. Mary’s Hospital has been designated as an accredited Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP).
Find Award-Winning Care
To find a Carondelet primary care or specialist who’s right for you, use our online doctor search.