Rehabilitation Services Tailored to You
Carondelet Health Network has been providing residents of Tucson and Southern Arizona with comprehensive rehabilitation services for more than 40 years. Carondelet Neurological Institute’s Rehabilitation Services are designed to provide you with
a bridge from illness and injury to health and well-being.
Our team of rehabilitation specialists help you re-learn lost skills and acquire new adaptive skills in order to maximize your independence and regain your self-esteem.
Personalized Care for a Variety of Neurological Disorders
Using a coordinated team approach, rehabilitation services cares for all levels of rehabilitative needs. Whether you have a temporary, progressive or permanent neurological condition that has altered your ability to live and function independently, we
have a program for you. Specialized programs are offered for:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Progressive neuromuscular diseases, such as Parkinson’s and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Memory or cognitive disorders, such as Alzheimer’s disease
- Swallowing disorders
- Spine injuries and disorders
- Complex neuromedical conditions, such as multiple sclerosis, Guillian-Barre syndrome and epilepsy
- Vertigo, dizziness and balance disorders
Unique Treatment Options
Rehabilitation services has implemented several unique approaches to treatment, including the following:
LiteGait, a suspension system that allows a therapist to safely move you from a seated position to a proper upright posture. Proper posture is maintained throughout the training session, facilitating changes in posture, balance, specific muscular
strength and overall gait patterns.
Computer-assisted therapy is used to treat deficits in communication and cognition. Comprehensive aquatic services are provided to facilitate recovery and promote physical well-being through movement in water.
PAWS for Health is a unique animal-assisted therapy program that pairs trained and certified animals with licensed rehabilitation therapists during individual physical, occupational or speech therapy treatment sessions. The activities in each
session help improve your balance, range of motion, mobility, coordination, memory and endurance.
Your Rehabilitation Team
Our rehabilitation programs are developed and coordinated by a team of health care professionals that includes:
- Physiatrists (doctors who specialize in physical medicine and rehabilitation)
- Certified orthopedic and vestibular specialists
- Rehabilitation nurses
- Rehabilitation psychologists
- Occupational, physical and speech-language therapists, including speech therapists certified in swallowing rehabilitation and physical therapists and speech-language therapists certified to treat Parkinson’s disease
- Rehabilitation counselors
- Case managers
- You! You and your family members and caregivers work together to build a personalized rehabilitation plan
All of our health care professionals have specialized training in the evaluation and treatment of neurological disorders and injuries.
Services When and Where You Need Them
All service programs are customized by doctors, therapists and nurses specializing in neurological care to meet your individual needs. Both one-on-one and group therapy options are available.
- Inpatient services are provided seven days a week within the specialized 20-bed inpatient Rehabilitation Center or the Neurological Inpatient Center at St. Joseph’s Hospital.
- Outpatient services are provided Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., in the Outpatient Center at St. Joseph’s Hospital.
- Carondelet’s Neurological Outpatient Rehabilitation Program provides an individualized, client-centered approach. Physical, occupational and speech-language therapy, along with rehabilitation counseling is provided. Support service offerings
include pool therapy, hearing services and psychological counseling.
- We offer ongoing stroke, brain injury, and communication support groups. Groups and classes assist you in your transition back into the community and daily life. Home visits are used to help ensure a successful transition.
For more information, please call (520) 873-5847.